Friday, November 4, 2011

Lincoln's funny words

so anyone that sees us on a regular basis knows that Lincoln probably needs some sort of speech therapy! I have been told by multiple people and I have even brought it up to his pediatrician and I have an appointment at the end of the month to get him evaluated. I am super excited to see if there is anything they can do for him. Its a two way frustration, not just that he cant say words right and articulate them but we cant hardly understand anything he says. Most days it leads to lots of fits and lots of me getting annoyed because I cant always know what he wants. He has definately improved over the last month but I had my visiting teacher come over the other day and Lincoln told me something in a very long sentence and I just have to nod and say "ya" and hope I am not saying something naughty for him to get into..lol Then she asked if I have ever thought of speech therapy so I guess now is the time. So at the end of the month they will let me know if he qualifies for the program or if they feel its just a developmental part of being almost three. If he does qualify than he will go to a nearby elementary 4 days a week for 2.5hrs get the help he needs to learn how to talk normally. Bailee and Bryce never had this issue and we could always understand them and now even Lyla I can understand almost more than Linc. So time will tell but I have a funny story about what Lincoln said the other day while we were all eating a carmel apple. Mike kept cutting up little bites to to give out to everyone and Lincoln said "i want mores" and because we dont always know what he really is saying or what he wants we kept asking him if he wanted smores and he kept saying no I want mores, then we figured out that he meant he wanted more than one at a time and he was trying to make it plural!! It was soo cute at the time.

1 comment:

Larry Porter said...

He is such a cute kid, and I think speech therapy would be good for him. I heard just recently that a kid that watches a lot of TV, it will slow the speech process. But what kid doesn't watch TV?