Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Funny story

I just hought i would share a funny sotry about a ruby! I know not something you probably want to read about, but the story is pretty good. My mom has had this ruby ring that i have wanted since i was a little girl. It was handed down through the years from my dads side of the family. In my eyes it was the prettiest thing i had ever seen. well about 10 years ago my mother had it changed from a ring into a necklace pendant. I was really upset about it. But i convinced her in the last couple of weeks to give it to me since this ruby came from my side of the family and my mom and day are no longer married. so she finally gave it up. The jeweler that changed the ring 10 years ago looked at it and said it was worth 5000 dollars!!! crazy, so anyways i took it to a jeweler that i know and he looked at it and said it was fake!! WHAT???? so he took it to a ruby expert and that guy said it was fake too. so i immediatley told my mom that shed been had by that jeweler years ago and he stole our ruby. I was distraught. so i had to tell the news to my dad and he said there is no ways that ruby is fake. so my mom in the mean time was trying to think of the guys name who changed the ruby and just couldnt remember. then my dad called back and said he found out through the family that the ruby was indeed a FAKE!!! I started laughing so hard to know that we all accused this poor guy of stealing our stone and i literally cried for this ruby. In the end i dont actually care if it was real or not i just wanted it to be the same ruby that came from the family. which it is thank goodness. my mom owns a sign and t shirt shop and 2 stores down from her is a jeweler so she went in there last week and he had wanted a new sign for something and they were talking about their hobbies and she realized that he is the same jeweler from 10 years ago. Its just crazy how our world works! the whole time that we were thinking he was a thief, he was 2 doors down! crazy. its a story that just makes me laugh when i think about it, just the fact that we were so sad over it and then everything comes full circle.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Funny! You wear your big, beautiful, fake ruby proudly!

Cindy said...

Too funny. What a small world, huh? Just pretend it's real, I would.

Holly said...

That is funny! Now you just have to have Mike buy you a real one and you can start a new tradition!