Monday, August 11, 2008

Bailee's first day of first grade!!


Well today was the first day of school for Bailee. She was not too excited last night when we would talk about it but she was excited to pick out the first outfit(of course)! So this morning mike left for work at 5:30am and he saw that she was already awake!! holy cow she was gonna be tired today.So the kids came and got me about 6:10 and we started our fun day. I could tell she was a lot more excited today to go to school. She actually let me take some cute pictures of her and she even posed for them. Last year for kindergarten she wanted nothing to do with taking pictures or even talking about school the first day. So this was a nice change. I definetley missed her today but the house did stay so much quieter with only Bryce and going to walmart this morning was a peice of cake when you only have one kid asking for toys!! haha Of course i counted the time to go pick her up and was so excited to see her at the end of the day. She said she really likes her teacher and she even made some new friends but she didnt know their names! we are so proud of her and cant wait to see her grow this year.


ps. She started piano lessons last week and is doing pretty good with them. And I started lessons too. I figured I wouldnt be able to help her if I didnt know how to play at least a little bit, its pretty fun to learn something new.

4 comments:

Holly said...

She looks so cute! I bet she feels so proud of herself now that she is a big kid! How did your Dr appointment go? I will check your blog again later today!

Jana said...

Yay for your new post WITH PICTURES! She looks so cute! Good job! Good luck for a great schoolyear!

Meredith Ferrin said...

she looks adorable! I hope she continues to have a great year!

Kristy Treible said...

I can't believe we both have first graders!! They are growing up way too fast.